Thursday, March 10, 2011

Butterfly Mobile Using Beautiful Butterflies Sizzix Die

I saw a similar mobile on etsy.  Apparently, the inspiration from that came from one in a Pottery Barn catalog.  Pottery Barn was probably inspired by something someone handcrafted..the cycle continues.  
It is true so often that there is nothing new under the sun sometimes. 

At any rate, since I am a papercrafter and have A LOT of paper..I new I could totally make this myself!
My daughter's bedroom is pink, celery, & chocolate with butterfly accents.  So this was a perfect match for her new place.
I used my handy-dandy Sizzix Big Shot and Beautiful Butterflies die cut.

 
I used Sending Love Designer Series Paper which is actually retired but they are currently selling it in the clearance section and I love a bargain.  I also used a few other pink & brown papers from quite a few years back that Stampin' Up designed.


I utilized my Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and the Perfect Polka Dots folder, as well, for a variety of textures and looks.  It's subtle but I like details.
The Stampin' Up! colors used in this are Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette, and Chocolate Chip.
I wanted a brass ring as the base but they were out so I improvised with the inside of an embroidery hoop.  I painted it with her wall paint for a perfect match.  
The ribbon is Pink Pirouette and also in the Stampin' Up Clearance section.
The cutting out part took all of 5 minutes at the most with the awesome dies.  The longest part was threading the butterflies onto the embroidery thread [pale pink and super cheap].  I knotted on the bottom and went back and added a dot of glue. I punched the mini-hole with a brad-size 1/16th hand held punch but you could have used a large needle for a smaller hole and glue might not have been needed.
  
I was pleased with the results and look forward to creating something for Jesse's room with the other part of the embroidery hoop.

1 comment:

  1. That is just gorgeous! Looks like a work of art. :-) Thanks so much for sharing this at Inspiration Friday this past weekend!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete