Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Stamping on Fabric ~Baby Onesies

Looking for a way to add a little something to that plain shirt? Wondering how to make an easy, lower cost baby gift [rather than those speciality boutique prices]. And as I always say, "handmade gifts earn heartfelt thanks"!
This is one of my biggest sellers at the craft/art fairs I do. Baby Onesies! [They can come with a matching gift card on RQ]

First, I will tell you that you don't have to buy the overpriced small bottles of fabric paint.
You can use the kind that come in little bottles for around $1 and a larger variety of colors. Mostly they will say permanent on them. If you have ever worked on any craft project, spilled some on you and didn't wash it quickly, you know it really is permanent. Which is actually what led me to these...an oops! I love that!
I first did it for a tank I wore for the Stampin' Up Convention while I was pregnant with Jesse. When it lasted after numerous washings, I was sold! [Excuse the cheesy, very-pregnant smile. I was elated to see SU had used a card I submitted on their example board at a regional conference!] :)
I stamp the design, allow it to dry, and then heat set it with an iron and a thin kitchen towel over the design.
Brand Tip: I have found Gerber Onesies run smaller so I often get the Carters or Circo when I can find them plain.
I sell the onesies for $7 at my fairs and online. Special orders available.

No comments:

Post a Comment