Friday, October 9, 2009

No Two Snowflakes Are Alike


Hello! Just wanted to share with you a recent project for Christmas ornaments. I have been selling them at my art/craft fairs but I think it would be a great project to do at home with the kids as sweet & simple gifts, tree decorations, or even package decorations.

Recently, Stampin' UP! added a "Clearance Rack" to my online store and since I LOVE a bargain, I definitely went to shopping! These projects use the Little Felt Flurries Accents & Elements & Big Felt Flurries Accents & Elements from that section.
I adhered them together with my fave adhesive for everything, E-6000. I am not sure if Elmer's/Tacky glue works on felt very well since, in my experience, it hasn't adhered well [thinking if you were to do this with kids]. Hot Glue would work on this project, except maybe for the finer cut snowflakes that need tiny dots of glue.
The Rhinestone Brads are from SU, as well, and I love these to add a little bling to cards, scrapbooks and now Christmas ornaments! The half back pearls are from the Pretties kit from SU. For the brads, I would cut down or off the "brad stem" part so that it didn't show through the intricate designs.
The hanging string is embroidery floss in gold metallic and/or platinum depending on the center embellishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment