Wednesday, November 11, 2009

3-D Tree Ornament

Can you believe how fast November is going?  I can't!
Wanted to share this quick little ornament that has been selling well at my craft shows.  It is made using the SU Full Heart punch, coasters, Designer Series Paper [retired SU] and some stamping.  I stamped JOY in this one, others have Merry Christmas.  I punched 3 hearts from the Old Olive cardstock.  I actually stamped a Christmas tree over and over in the old oilve ink but you can't quite see it in this pic.  Though it might need some depth/design.  I also ripped a wee bit of Creamy Caramel paper and rubbed it in Chocolate Chip ink for character to make the tree trunk.  I scored down the middle of the tree to get a crisp fold and then glued them together.  The star is a brad with the brad part snipped off.  A button could easily be substituted.  I covered a paper coaster with the DSP, allowed to dry, then buffed off the edges. I also rolled the edges in Old Olive Craft ink to give a finished look.  After all the adhering and stamping, I covered the entire thing in Triple Thick Sealant to make sure the tree would stand up to time.  I then adhered the ribbon loop to the back with E-6000.

If you already have this punch, this is a great project with little cost other than time!

1 comment: