Friday, August 21, 2009

Mom's Birthday Gift



This is a gift for my mom's birthday and my first hand at using SU's Decor Elements. I put the words on the outside of the frame [11X14] and then got to work on the background. I wanted it to be decorative but muted at the same time and the Designer Series Paper I thought I would use just seemed like it was more the star than the words.


So I decided to use Very Vanilla 12 X 12 paper [cutting off 1 inch] with the large swirl stamp from Baroque Motifs, versamark ink & clear embossing powder. Then for the sides I wanted another muted color that would blend with my mom's house. So I pulled out Blush Blossom which, admittedly, I never use for some reason. I used the cherry blossom stamp from Eastern Blooms, along with the VersaMark ink and Clear Embossing Powder again. This time I added some glue and microbeads to some of the flowers for a little detail if you looked up close. Couldn't be too embellished since it was a normal flat frame. I know she will love it and can't wait to give it to her today!




No comments:

Post a Comment