Sunday, June 5, 2011

Designer Magnetic Clothespin Set Tutorial

 I did this as a guest post for The Publix Coupon Queen, who happens to be a great friend, too!  Be sure to go to her site to enter the contest and show her some love!
Designer Magnetic Clothespin Set Tutorial
I created these as a smaller affordable gift that I could sell at my craft shows and online at my etsy shop.  But they are easy to duplicate and kids & parents could probably work together to make them.  
It's a great little gift for a teacher or nursery worker, co-worker, secret pal, etc.
 Things you need:
Different scraps of paper.
  I used Stampin' Up Designer Series Paper, which is double sided with coordinating designs and colors.  You don't need much at all so it is a great way to use up those scraps!
White Glue, of some sort.  I have found Elmer's 'Glue All' works really well and seems to be very different than their school glue in relation to paper.
Clothespins I left mine natural but you could add a step and spray paint them white, black or another coordinating color. I have bought mine at Target & Walmart and they are generally around 50 for $2 or less.  They are normally found where they sell ironing boards.
Magnets {Optional but definitely adds value to the gift}  Michaels or Home Depot.
E-6000 or Hot glue to adhere magnets.
*{Adult} Cut the paper to the desired length & height that works with your clothespins.  I used a paper trimmer.  I believe these are standard so what I cut was 3/8" by 3 1/4".  It will be slightly thinner than the clothespin but that seems to work better than if it is larger and you have to trim.
*Adhere the paper with glue. Kids could totally help with this part.  I put paper on both sides for a finished look but, obviously, the back will not show much so you could skip that step. After the glue dries..
*Adhere the magnet and set them to aside to dry, especially if you use the E-6000 glue.  *Make sure there is a space between them or the magnets might be attracted to each other and shift on your clothespin. {voice of experience..}
I did a set of 3 clipped to a place card with coordinating cardstock adhered to the front. 
I put the set in a cello bag with a topper stapled on and ready for gifting.  
I hope you enjoy making these together as much as I did.
Would like to get a set for free?
You can win a set of your own, along with a 2010-11 Idea Book from Stampin' Up and hand stamped greeting cards from DearieDesigns. 
Head over Publix Coupon Queen for all the ways to win!
 5 ways to win and 1 lucky winner. This giveaway will end Saturday, June 11th at 9 pm.
As Featured on 



 

4 comments:

  1. How cute! I would love for you to link up today to "It's a Party"!
    www.acreativeprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was your 500th follower Terri! Thanks for stopping by here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much!!! Be sure to enter the 500 follower giveaway next week! I hope you win!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea! I've seen the clothespins, but I love them as magnets! So useful! :)

    ReplyDelete